Infinitum is a global movement which sets out a practice and posture for daily discipleship. It’s not an organisation or charity, and is instead privately funded by a few individuals. However we still do everything we can to protect your privacy and to make sure the personal data you provide us is kept safe.
This policy explains how we collect data, how we use and store information and what it means for you.
We treat all our users in line with our beliefs and we welcome any feedback on any of our actions. Just email us at email@example.com
Who we are
Infinitum was founded in 2015 as a way of supporting christians to go deeper in their faith. It started as a group of friends sharing practice and experience and has since spread around the world. To avoid becoming ‘institutionalised’ Infinitum is not an official organisation or charity, but instead an invitational program for people to engage with.
What information do we collect?
Directly with us
We collect personal information each time you deal with us, For example when you make a donation, sign up as an individual or HUB, provide comments, complete surveys or otherwise provide your personal details we collect the information you provide.
From Website and App interaction with us
We collect non-personal data such as IP addresses, details of pages visited and files downloaded. Website usage information is collected using cookies, see the section on Cookies below. App usage is collected through Apple’s App Store and google’s play store.
Where you give your permission to other organisations
From publicly available data
We may collect information from Companies House, Charity Commission and information published in articles, newspapers or blogs.
Where you provide the information, we may collect sensitive personal data, including, but not limited to, your religious beliefs, or your physical or mental health
Our basis for collecting Data
- Consent : If you are a new supporter coming on board for the first time, on or after 25th May 2018, we will process your personal data on the basis of the consent you provided us with. You are free to change your preferences at any time by contacting us by telephone, post or email as shown in the section ‘Your choices and telling us when things change’ below.
- Legitimate interest : Contacting you; If you are an existing member as at 25th May we may continue to contact you by email where you have previously given us your consent. Where you have previously asked us not to contact you in this way we will continue to respect your contact preferences. You can change your preferences at any time or object to us processing your data by contacting us by email firstname.lastname@example.org
What do we do with data?
We may use the personal data we collect to:
- Keep you informed with monthly challenges, prayer points and updates;
- Ask for financial and non-financial support, such as prayer;
- Process donations you give us;
- Provide information you have requested;
- Provide a personalised service, such as customised website content or personalised emails;
- Keep records of your relationship with us e.g. questions you have asked or complaints you have made;
- Classify supporters by location, for example Scotland, Northern Ireland or Wales;
- Analyse the personal information we collect about you and use publicly available information to aid our understanding;
We might use your data to:
- let you know about developments in the infinitum material
- tell you about upcoming conferences or events
- deliver digital advertising about Infinitum to you on social media websites such as Google and Facebook.
- help guide our marketing. For example, we will look at location and interests so we can invite you to a local event or tell you about new initiatives in an area you’re interested in.